Without a doubt, Phil Mickelson is the best left handed golfer of our time. His short game magic has captured many fans that follow his every move.
For years, he was named the best golfer to never win a major. Phil was always so close to winning but never tasted victory until the 2004 Masters when he sunk that birdie putt on 18th to win the green jacket. It was such a relief to finally see him win, as I’m sure everyone can agree. The confidence led to 3 majors in total so far, and he continues to be a favorite to win whenever we hit major week.
Little did people know that Phil Mickelson is actually right handed, and only learned to play left handed through mirroring his father’s swing on the driving range. I must say that if he can play golf so good with his off hand, what could’ve happened if he actually played with his right?
What’s in the Golf Bag of Phil Mickelson
- Driver – Callaway FT-5 I-MIX Driver (8.5 degree)
- Fairway Wood – Callaway FT-Tour
- Hybrid – Callaway FT-Hybrid 2H
- Iron – Callaway X-Forged (3, 4) & X-Prototype (5-PW)
- Wedge – Callaway X-Forged Wedges Chrome (52, 56, 60, 64 degrees)
- Putter – Odyssey XG Prototype Putter
- Ball – Callaway HX.Tour
Phil Mickelson’s Recent Accomplishments
- 2009 Northern Trust Open
- 2008 Rydercup Team
- 2008 Crowne Plaza Invitational
- 2008 Northern Trust Open