After his 2 majors in 2008, Padraig Harrington has firmly established himself as one of the best golfers in the world. In fact, Padraig won the PGA Tour’s player of the year award and even Tiger Woods voted for him, citing that “I voted for Padraig because he won two majors. It’s as simple as that.”
It’s amazing what a couple short years can do because prior to Padraig’s 2007 British Open victory, many only considered him to be a “good player”. Nowadays, he is the favorite to win any major whenever Tiger isn’t around.
Padraig Harrington may not have a great looking game but he’s mentally tough which is essential to winning majors and boy could he make clutch putts.
What’s in the Golf Bag of Padraig Harrington
- Driver – Wilson Dd6+ 9 degrees with Grafalloy 65g shaft
- Fairway Wood – TaylorMade Burner 13 degrees with Grafalloy Prolite 35X shaft & Wilson Staff Fybrid 18 degrees with Hybrex Helix Tour shaft
- Iron – Wilson Staff Ci7 (3-4) & Wilson Pi5 (5-PW)
- Wedges – Wilson Tw9 (54 and 60 degrees)
- Putter – Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade
- Ball – Titleist Pro V1x
Padraig Harrington’s Recent Wins
- 2008 PGA Championship
- 2008 The Open Championship
- 2007 The Open Championship